Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Second Evil Ex: ADD


ADD was introduced to me through friends. He had recently become single and had dated half the school. That made him a hot in my book. He was interested in me, I was interested in dating anything interested in me, so off we went.

ADD received his name because I'm pretty sure he had some sort of undiagnosed ADHD. He was never very focused and was hyper. He idolized Bam Margera and ended up doing a lot of stupid stunts to try and act just like him. I thought it was really awesome at the time, but I'm facepalming as hard as I can right now, I promise.

He was my first kiss, not counting my kiss with a kid named Jordan in Kindergarten at nap time. Oh yeah, I got started early. My kiss with ADD was only kind of romantic. It was a Friday the 13th under a full moon, which I find oddly fitting for my first kiss. I had smuggled him into the band section (students not in band were strictly forbidden from sitting with students in band) and hid him under the seat behind me in a blanket. We had been flirting when, all of a sudden, it happened.

It was at my Freshman homecoming, dancing to Nickelback's "I Loved You All Along", which he deemed "our song". I should have taken that as a sign. Actually, let that be a lesson to you, dear reader: any man who decides to dedicate a Nickelback song to your relationship should be dumped on the spot.
Anyway, we were at my Freshman homecoming where I attended as his best friend's date, who happened to have a crush on me. He asked me to be his girlfriend two songs after ADD.

Oh, and did I mention I was still with Momento at this point? So, yes, I was on a date with the best friend of my boyfriend all while dating another guy long distance.

Yeah, this is one of those, "Do as I say, not as I do" moments. The way I saw it, Momento was dating around a bit and hadn't decided whether we were or weren't in a relationship. It had been this way for at least a year and, hell, if he can have fun, why shouldn't I? He wasn't too happy when I told him, but he had to admit that there was truth in what I said, and so I continued both relationships at the same time. I called Momento every night and talked about what ADD and I would do and then continued to tell him I loved him. I would explain what was going through my head if I could, but I honestly have no excuse. The only advice I can give to you is to never keep more than one man in your life. One is enough to piss you off. No one should ever invite more than that in.

We lasted about two months before I started receiving stories from friends about him cheating on me with other people. I seriously doubt that any of these stories were true. I think my friends just wanted me to break up with ADD because I was in danger of getting my heart broken. Once a cheater always a cheater, as they say. I gave him some lame excuse about my parents finding out about us and not allowing me to date anymore. It was stupid, but he was stupid enough to believe it. We continued to talk and I think he might have wanted to continue dating me, but I didn't look back on that one for long. I had Momento to return to. Besides, he kissed like a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment